Below is a list of Bjorn’s favorite restaurants in New York City
- Cafe Felix (SoHo) – great brunch spot for Sunday in Soho with French bistro cuisine and a Brazilian feel to it. Great steak frites after a long Saturday night. Fun crowd for afternoon cocktails too.
- Wallse (West Village) – Best authentic Austrian food in the City with an excellent selection of Gruner Veltliner wines. Original “Salzburger Nockerln” as dessert are exquisite and the Spaetzle with braised rabbit a must-have.
- STK Downtown (Meatpacking) – Great place for steaks with good people watching and DJ spinning tunes. Lively scene. Also, their outdoor patio seems to be open now too.
- Marea (Columbus Circle) Michelin star-rated seafood restaurant with an Italian twist but not as stuffy as others can be. Great bar to dine at in a bit more casual setting but when it comes to attire I would still suggest dressing up. The crudo dishes are excellent with fluke and octopus worth exploring.
- The Lion (Greenwich Village) – Upscale American cuisine with some Italian inspired dishes. Upper west side chic interior with more of a downtown crowd.
- Minetta’s Tavern (Greenwich Village) – Lively French Bistro in an old-style setting with lots of history to it. Another favorite.
- Hatsuhana (Midtown) – Excellent sushi/sashimi in more of a classic Japanese setting. A welcome change to the more trendy sushi places in town.
- Bocca di Bacco (Hell’s Kitchen) – Fantastic neighborhood spot for real Italian food. Rustic contemporary interior makes the setting very comfortable.
- Acme (NoHo) – Cool downtown spot with very creative American cuisine and a great lounge downstairs for cocktails after dinner.
- Beauty & Essex (Lower East Side) – Needs no explanation, just a fun dinner spot to go with a bunch of friends.
from Bjorn Koch | Food & Culture http://ift.tt/1Royx8u